Saturday, June 23, 2012

Reflection Friday

If you are new to .Redeemed., I lead a middle school girls eGroup Thursday evenings with the girls is one of my favorite parts of the week. They are an amazing group of girls and they teach me as much as I teach them.

Discussion Topic: Branding

Icebreaker: I gave ten popular business slogans and they guessed the business.  This was a way to lead into a discussion of branding ourselves as Christians.

Discussion Highlights:

- How can we live a life were we are known for what we are for?

- What are some things we should stand for as Christians?

I took four of the ten Christian values from this website. We discussed worshipping only God, respecting all people, being honest and practicing what we preach. 

- How can we take a stand for what we believe?

Closing:  We wrapped up the evening in prayer.  We asked the Lord to allow us to make a stand for what we believe and show others that we are Christians through our actions.

Pinned ImageDuring the Week:  The girls will continue the FOG Hunger Games.

Personal Reflection: We had nine in attendance, including two new girls.  To be completely honest, the night was a hot mess.  While we were discussing respect we had side conversations going on, girls interrupting other girls and girls talking over one another.  The night ended with one girl getting in another girls face and just screaming out of frustration because she had the floor but couldn't be heard over the other girl talking.  It was a mess.  I left with a sore throat because I kept having to speak over the girls.  I am blaming it on summer.  The girls haven't had to sit down and have a structured time for a few weeks. 

Personal Highlight: We had two new girls.  I always love having new girls.  It's more exciting when they come back!!

No comments:

Post a Comment