Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Loving When It's Not Right

Today's post comes to you from a girl in my eGroup.  Her name is Molly.  She is thirteen years old, volunteers in the baby room in eKidz and attends Elevation - Rock Hill.  Whenever a conversation turns to the topic of love, you can see Molly's eyes light up and hear the fire in her words.  She is passionate about the subject of love.
Back in January, I began to see this passion in her.  I came to her and asked her to write a blog post, because her passion for the topic just had to get out there.  She was waiting to finish when God writes your love story before putting all of her thoughts down. 


Love? What is it? How do us teens know what it is?

I can give you an easy answer to that last question; we don’t know what it is, what it feels like, or what the meaning is.  There are teens all around us that are saying there in love when there only 13 or 14 or even 16.  The truth is teenagers will never know what it is. I don’t even know what love is.  It’s something I feel that only an adult can answer.

But I think I have an idea of what it is.  I think it’s where a guy and a girl cant breath when there apart, they can’t think straight without each other, or when they’re constantly on their mind!  It’s not where you just text and “hang out”. 

That’s the other thing -  what’s the point of being in a relationship when you’re a teen?  Makes no sense they might can take you places but, there on a budget , their parents give them money and drive them everywhere.  What’s the point?  Maybe to walk to classes at school together?  It’s confusing to me why people want to date at this age?

Pinned ImageI know I can go without a boyfriend for a long time.  It’s been over a year since my last “boyfriend”. All we did was go bowling which our parents paid for and we barley talked at school what was the point?  Why can’t everyone just be friends?  There are so many questions that we all know that everyone can answer right?

I once read a book called “when God writes your love story” it talked about emotional and physical purity.  I’ve always known that you can't be in love now but, when I read that book it just spoke to me.  I loved how it talked about how you shouldn’t put everything you have into one person.  You should save it for someone “special”.  That doesn’t mean your ninth grade boyfriend it means your future husband.

Girls, they fall easily, think there in love and, constantly are lied to by guys that’s why they fall so easily. They think there first “boyfriend” loves them on the first date.

Boys, they are manipulative, gross pigs, and liars wrapped in one.

I know I'm probably saying some offensive things but, if you pray and ask God to give you the right man or woman, he’ll make sure you have the perfect husband/wife.

----

I am beyond proud of Molly for speaking boldly about what she believes.  She is waiting out for the real thing.  This is a hard decision to make at thirteen.  There are so many girls in middle school that find their identity in the boys that are with them, and not in Christ.  There is something wrong with that, and it is our responsibility as Christian leaders to speak boldly about finding your identity in Christ.  

No comments:

Post a Comment