Monday, June 25, 2012

Faithful Blogging


There are always days when I struggle about what to write on .Redeemed. I always want to give you fresh, biblical content. But, sometimes my mind goes blank and I can't come up with anything. Today, I will be using a prompt from Faithful Bloggers. You can find my blog, and many other Christian blogs in their directory.

Faithful Blogging Prompt #40 -
How do you decide what to blog about?

I started blogging in July of 2010 as a way to keep track of the Bible verses that were hitting home from the Bible reading plan I was doing.  I had two friends reading my blog at the time.

I can't pin point the date and time that I wanted my blog to be more.  At some point, I decided I wanted my blog to be more than two friends reading it.  I wanted to be the salt and the light mentioned in Matthew 5:13-16.  I wanted to share my walk with Christ on the internet.  I wanted to be a part of life change through my blog.  Late 2011, I began spreading the word about my blog.  I found blogs like mine and commented like crazy, I got on networking sites and vowed to do my best to get the word of my blog out there.

When I decided that this was going to be the format of .Redeemed. I had to decide what I was going to write about.  Quickly, I decided that I would only write about what God put on my heart.  .Redeemed. was not going to be like the blogs we normally see where the author dishes every detail of their life.  I was going to talk little about my life, and more about topics God wanted me to discuss.

So, I decide what I am going to write about, by what God puts on my heart.  I write about Christian reflections to current song lyrics, I write about Pastor Steven Furtick's sermon, I write about what my eGroup does on Thursdays and everything in between. 


If you blog, how do you decide what you write about?


No comments:

Post a Comment