Monday, June 11, 2012

Reflection Friday

Pinned ImageIf you are new to .Redeemed., I lead a middle school girls eGroup Thursday evenings with the girls is one of my favorite parts of the week. They are an amazing group of girls and they teach me as much as I teach them.

When I was planning our calender for the summer, I knew that I wanted to have a few guest speakers.  I didn't want the only Christian voice speaking into their life to be me.  I wanted them to have the opportunity to hear from the hearts of others.

This week, we had our first guest speaker.  Her name is Rebecca.  She is a friend of mine.  We met at the Elevation - Matthews over a year ago.  I fell in love with her heart and energy.  I have missed seerving with her since I changed campuses.  I ran into her at an outreach event.  God layed it on my heart to ask her to speak at our eGroup.  I sent her an email and asked her to pray through it and consider coming.  She came, and brought a great word.

Icebreaker: We met 30 minutes early to finish the t-shirts that we made last week.

Discussion Highlights: This week, Rebecca spoke on the topic of time.

1. What a Waste of Time.  (Luke 15:11-32)
     - The father didn't waste any time.
     - You can't ever get time back.

2. Using Your Time Wisely. (Ephesians 4:29-32)
     - Since you can't store up time - look at Jesus as an example of how to use time.
     - Focus your time on your talents.

3. Taking Time to Be Quiet and Listen.  (Luke 10:38-41)
     - Mary sat at the Lord's feet to listen.
     - Trust the wise Godly people who God has put in your life.

4. Timing is Everything
     - When you trust God, you're crossing the supernatural dateline.
     - Esther stayed bus, used time wisely and waited for the right time.

Closing: We closed by discussing a few upcoming things -

On Sunday, we will begin "FOG Hunger Games" It's a 21 Day Bible Reading PlanHunger Games, as in hunger for God's word.... :-/  Everyone has the opportunity to earn 5 points a day; 2 points for reading each chapter, 2 points for responding to each chapter and 1 point for texting me a reflection from the chapters.  The girls who come in first, second, and third place will win a prize - even if everyone lands first, second and third place! 

We will not meet next Thursday.  This is in honor of Father's Day.  I want the girls to go on a Daddy-Daughter Date, and spend some time alone with their dads.  I am even taking the time to do it!  As a way to encourage the girls to do this, the girls will be texting me a creative picture on their Daddy-Daughter Date.  The most creative picture gets a prize!

On Saturday, June 16th, we will be having our First Annual Summer Olympics.  Three legs of the race, six activities, with a finish line at the pool.  It will be the college-aged eGroup that I am in and the eGroup that I lead.  The girls will be in teams of three to four. 

Pinned ImageDuring the Week: The girls will begin the FOG Hunger Games.

Personal Reflection: It was great to have someone else leading the evening.  It is nice to be able to sit back and listen every once and a while.  Her message was one that we all need to hear.  We all use our time frivolously and need to be reminded on how to use it like the gift that it is.

Personal Highlight: We had two new girls.  They are rising sixth graders.  New girls, never get old!  I love having them!!

No comments:

Post a Comment