Monday, June 4, 2012

Faithful Blogging

There are always days when I struggle about what to write on .Redeemed. I always want to give you fresh, biblical content. But, sometimes my mind goes blank and I can't come up with anything. Today, I will be using a prompt from Faithful Bloggers. You can find my blog, and many other Christian blogs in their directory.

Faithful Blogging Prompt #34 -
How do you incorporate prayer into your everyday life?

My first thought after reading this prompt was 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18 -

Rejoice always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus.

I consider my life to be one long open prayer with the Lord.  He is always there for me to pray to.  Rarely do I formally pray - one that begins with Dear Heavenly Father and ends with Amen.  It's normally when I am preparing for my eGroup discussion and at eGroup on Thursdays. 

I don't think that every prayer needs to begin with Dear Lord and end with Amen.

When something good happens, I will thank Him for it.  When something isn't going the way I planned, I will ask Him to give me stength to get through the situation.  When I am confused, I will ask Him to give me clarity on the situation.

I used to, and need to begin doing it again, spend my morning commute in prayer.  It was a great way for me to start my day.  I don't know why I stopped and I don't know what is keeping me from starting again!


How do you incorporate prayer into your everyday life?


No comments:

Post a Comment