Saturday, June 9, 2012

Prayer Works

Pinned Image

On Tuesday, May 29th, I began having a headache.  Even though I was alternating Tylenol and Ibuprofen every two hours, it wasn't going away.  It stuck around until Thursday, May 31st, when the headache turned into a migraine.

I had never had a migraine before.  I sent a text to my mom, explaining the symptoms I was having and she said I was having a migraine.  I was wearing sunglasses inside, because even through the tinted windows at work, and all the lights off, the light hurt my eyes, I could hear a clock ticking that I had never heard tick before, and any movement of my head made me nauseous.  On Sunday, something finally came of the nausea and I was over having the migraine.  I was sleeping every moment that I could, because it was the only thing that gave me relief.

On Monday, I finally called my mom's doctor and made an appointment for the next day.  I was tired of the migraine.  It failed to go away even after taking Excedrin.  On Tuesday, I went to the doctor and he didn't see a cause for it, gave me a shot and told me to go on my way.

The Thursday that the headache turned into a migraine, I began asking for prayers through twitter.  I got some encouraging tweets and advice.  Close friends began texting and letting me know that they were praying for me.

Prayer works.  Undoubtedly.  Tuesday was my first day without a headache.  My family and friends prayed alongside of me through the migraine.  I haven't had a migraine or headache since Tuesday.  I am beyond grateful for everyone who prayed for me through the awful week that the headache gave me.

No comments:

Post a Comment