Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Numbers

Remember this: Whoever sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and whoever sows generously will also reap generously.  Each of you should give what you have decided in your heart to give, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver.
2 Corinthians 9:6-7

As I am gathering things for my taxes, I have been waiting for my giving statement from Elevation.  The longer I waited for it to arrive in the mail, the more anxious I became.  I have set up my offering to come out of my bank account automatically.  I know how much I give, but I really never think about it.

When I budget at the first of every month, it is a strain on my finances to give the amount that I do.  I skimp in other places to give.  I have never regretted this decision.  I know that God will bless my obedience to His word. 

The statement came in the mail last night.  Let me tell you, I had a slight moment of panic.  My first thought was, I gave how much!!??! Yikes!  My second thought was more of a, and how much of a blessing is it that you were able to give that much to the Kingdom of God.

Along with my giving statement was a card with the following numbers...

- 7, 699 people made professions of faith in Jesus
- 2, 410 people came forward to be baptized
- Over $2 million given to our outreach partners
- Over 5,100 people involved in a community through an eGroup
- Our church grew by 48% in attendance
- We launched 2 new locations - Rock Hill and University
- Our new worship album "For the Honor" reached #1 on the iTunes Christian Music Charts
- Named by Outreach Magazine the #2 fastest growing churches in America

I was able to be a part of all of that through my giving.  I may never attend the University campus, but I was a part of launching it with my giving.  I may never meet the 7,699 who made professions of faith in Jesus in 2011, but I was a part of each of their professions.  It takes all the panic away knowing how much God can do with my giving.

Yeah, I could give less.  But, God told me to give the amount that I give.  It stretches my faith in Him.  I would only be able to live the way I do through Him.  He makes it possible.

God will always do more with what I give than I could do if I didn't give at all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment