Thursday, February 23, 2012

Serving

our eTeams are connectors to the current of the power of Christ.
Elevation Church on eTeams

Pinned ImageI have been serving for over two years now.  I have always loved serving.  When I did Host Services (eKidz Check-In), I loved it!  It was a great opportunity to welcome VIP's to Elevation, check regulars in and everything in between. 

Something amazing happened this weekend.  I realized that I am totally in my sweet spot as eKidz Coordinator.  I love this role so much!  I am very detail oriented, tech savvy, and a people person.  I love interacting with potential volunteers after going through an First Experience (Elevation style volunteer orientation).  I love explaining the vision behind each area of eKidz.  Some would say that this is my sweet spot.  I don't know what I do, but that is what I get commented on the most.  But, my favorite part about my role is getting a potential volunteer on the schedule.

This past Sunday, I had the opportunity of plugging a potential volunteer into an area that she was not initially interested in.  I swayed her to try the area with more of an opportunity to serve, and she loved it!  We talked about scheduling, and I was explaining how we are looking for small group leaders who serve every week.  She agreed!!  I felt so accomplished to have been able to have been able to plug her into every week on the schedule!

You see, not many people want to serve every weekend.  Something about that amount of commitment freaks them out.  Personally, I could never go back to every other week.  I love every week.  I love being able to be there every weekend and help out in whatever way needed.

I suppose that it has taken a long time for me to get to my point...  If you attend your local church, wherever you may be, you need to get involved.  You have the opportunity to get in your sweet spot and do what you enjoy doing.  I look forward to Sunday mornings every week!  There is so many opportunities to get involved in at Elevation Church.  You have eKidz - which has six areas to serve in itself, Production - which has several ares to serve, and Guest Services - which has more than five areas to serve... Stuff behind the scenes, during the week, from home, interacting with people, praying for people, ANYTHING! 

Why are you not involved at your church?  It will be a blessing to others, as well as yourself!  Don't say you don't have time... As long as you have time to sit on the couch and watch TV for hours, go shopping three days a week, sit on facebook for countless hours, make random videos... you have time to volunteer for an hour at your local church!

Never be lacking in zeal, but keep your spiritual fervor, serving the Lord.
Romans 12:11

No comments:

Post a Comment