Saturday, February 4, 2012

Reflection Saturday

Reflection Friday coming to you on Saturday.

This week, my middle school girls and I discussed being faithful before you are married.  I have blogged about this concept before here and here. 

She brings him good, not harm, all the days of her life.
Proverbs 31:12

This is a foreign concept to us today.  All the days  means ALL, before you meet him, when you meet him, and every day after you meet him.  I want to drill this concept into the girls in my eGroups head. 

We can't have sex before we get married, because the Bible says so.  You need to be doing him good right now.  Having sex, or lusting after another boy is not doing your husband good.  You shouldn't do that if you are married, and according to this passage, you shouldn't be doing it before you are married. 

I think this concept is huge for the middle school girls in my eGroup.  I pray daily that they can wrap their heads around this.  Their husband exists, he is alive somewhere.  I don't want them to do something now that they will regret when they get married. 


I shared a story with the girls about a mistake that I made and what can happen when you invest all of your self-worth in a boy or boys.  We wrapped the evening up by reading Romans 8 together.  Take a minute to read Romans 8.  Isn't that something you would rather put all of yourself in?  I don't want to invest myself in something I'll regret.  I never regret putting my worth in Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment