Friday, January 27, 2012

Reflection Friday

Happy Friday!  I hope that you have had a wonderful week.  I am getting "Reflection Friday" to you a bit late, forgive me?

I have no idea where to start in telling you about last nights events.  Let me start with this...

What I have said, that I will bring about;
what I have planned, that I will do.
Isaiah 46:11

I had an amazing message planned for last night.  Over a month ago, God laid a message on my heart that I planned to talk to the girls about last night.  It was all planned.  I had two pages of notes.  I had told the parents all about the message.  I was a nice combination of excited and nervous about what God had put on my heart for the girls for last night.

That is until 30 minutes before eGroup.  I am driving to eGroup.  Getting texts and messages from several girls that they would not be attending.  Only two girls were going to be able to attend.  I was very irritated.  I sent this text to my roommate...

The devil is hard at work against me sharing the story tonight... two girls are unable to come - one sick and one on a band trip.

I get a lovely smack in the face from God.  He screamed to me, Keirstin - this isn't the devil preventing tonight from happening.  I am doing this.  Tonight is not the night.

But Jesus immediately said to them: "Take courage!  It is I.  Don't be afraid."
Matthew 14:27

I began to pray that if tonight was not the right night for what I had prepared, that at 7:00, He would take over me and say whatever needs to be said to the two girls attending.  He sure did!  He came through! 

I opened the night with, I don't know what is going to happen tonight.  What I had prepared, well, God told me tonight isn't the night.  So, I am just praying that He take over and tonight be to His glory.  We talked about Code Orange Revival for a bit. We opened up when God writes your love story to chapter five and talked about it for a bit.

The conversation landed on staying faithful to your husband.  We talked about waiting to have sex until marriage.  I discovered that the temptation to have sex before marriage is present at twelve and thirteen.  Some of them are not even teenagers.  They shared stories about boys texting them asking to have sex.  One said, I want to wait as long as I can.  I just don't know if I can wait until marriage. 

My mind was completely blown.  THEY ARE NOT EVEN DEVELOPED YET.  THEY WILL GROW MORE.  THEY ARE STILL IN MIDDLE SCHOOL.  Why is this temptation present already?  It shouldn't be.  Something is wrong with the world!!!

You can go to sleep soundly, knowing that I made sure to let them know what the Bible says.  We are not supposed to have sex before marriage.  But, Keirstin... the Bible also says that God will forgive our sins.  I don't believe that God will forgive our sins if we walk into a sin only because "He will forgive it"....

I apologize for the length of this post.  I just had to share this with you!  Are you as shocked that twelve and thirteen year olds are getting texts being asked to have sex?  I hope so!!  Can you weigh in any thoughts?






No comments:

Post a Comment