Sunday, January 29, 2012

Sermon Sunday

Living A Better Story
Living A Better Story - Elevation Church
Living a Better Story Week One
4 Reasons Our Stories Suck Struggle

Pastor Steven preached a sermon about the parts of a story and why our stories suck struggle.

Every story has a character who wants something and overcomes conflict to get it.

Colossians 1:18 says "And he is the head of the body, the church; he is the beginning and the firstborn from among the dead, so that in everything he might have the supremacy."
Character - God
Wants Something - Supremacy
Conflict - Our heart

The four reasons that our stories suck are...
1. We have cast the wrong main character
2. We are working off the wrong screenplay
3. What we want isn't worth enough
4. We try to skip the scenes that make it matter

If you want the meat of the message, please tune into The Elevation Network or catch it on iTunes on Monday.

Personal Reflection: Everything that Pastor said was so true to me.  The main character in my life has always been me.  But, it isn't about me.  It is about God.  Once I revolve my story around God's glory, it will be a story worth telling.  I work off of the wrong screenplay by going with what the world says.  The world says that I should be in a serious relationship right now.  But, I know that God doesn't want me to be chasing down random boys right now.  I am often searching for something to make me happy in the moment, but in the end it doesn't make me happy.  What I want isn't worth enough.  I need to want God's glory in everything.  Most importantly, I always try to skip the scenes that matter.  I don't want to go through with the pain and struggle... who does?  I want everything to be daisy's and roses.  I want it to be easy.  If I could skip to the end of the story, not having to endure the hardships but get the benefits of the ending, that would be ideal.  But, the hardships and suffering make the end worth while.  I wouldn't appreciate the end if I didn't go through the middle. 
Pinned Image
I am going to begin working on embracing the story that God wants for my life.  How about you?  I am not going to continue chasing what the world says I should be chasing.  I am going to ask God what He desires for my life and only chase that. 



No comments:

Post a Comment