Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Lonely?

If you have been around .Redeemed. for a while, you have read a post or two about me being single and how that is okayClick the links above for four recent posts about being single.  I just turned twenty-two and I don't think that I need to be in a committed relationship right now.  I strongly believe that it is okay that I am not even close to getting married.  I don't think that there is something wrong with me because I am waiting around for someone special.

I have heard Kelly Clarkson's Stronger several times before today.  But, today it struck a new cord with me.  Take a minute and watch the video.


Doesn't mean I'm lonely when I'm alone. 

That is probably my favorite line of the entire song.  I can't tell you how many times I have had someone say to me, I just want you to be happy.  Since when do I need a man in my life to make me happy? 

So do not fear, for I am with you;
do not be dismayed, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you and help you;
I will uphold you with my righteous hand.
Isaiah 41:10

You know what I gather from that?  God is the only one who can make me happy.  He will strengthen and help me.  I don't have to fear, He is with me!  No man on this earth can fulfill me the way that God can.  No man on this earth can make me happy the way that God can.

My personal view point is that if my personal relationship with God is not in check and at the center of my life, then I am not living a life worth bring a man into.  If God is not the center of my life, then it will be easy for me to get wrapped up in a relationship with a man. 

So, right now I am working on bringing God to the center of my life.  Then, I will worry about getting myself out there.  I am still young.  I still have time.  It's all good!



Any young readers out there?  Are you getting heat from anyone around you about being single?  How are you putting their views past you and focusing on what you know to be true?  



No comments:

Post a Comment