Monday, August 9, 2010

Acts 26 :D

I have a lot to stay about Acts 26 alone!

In Acts 26, Luke goes into detail about his history before knowing God, coming to know God, and his life after that. I did not know these things about Paul. He went around punishing people in their synagogue. I love how Paul describes Jesus coming to him.
12"On one of these journeys I was going to Damascus with the authority and commission of the chief priests. 13About noon, O king, as I was on the road, I saw a light from heaven, brighter than the sun, blazing around me and my companions. 14We all fell to the ground, and I heard a voice saying to me in Aramaic,[a] 'Saul, Saul, why do you persecute me? It is hard for you to kick against the goads.'
15"Then I asked, 'Who are you, Lord?'
" 'I am Jesus, whom you are persecuting,' the Lord replied. 16'Now get up and stand on your feet. I have appeared to you to appoint you as a servant and as a witness of what you have seen of me and what I will show you. 17I will rescue you from your own people and from the Gentiles. I am sending you to them 18to open their eyes and turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan to God, so that they may receive forgiveness of sins and a place among those who are sanctified by faith in me.'


In Acts 26:19 says, "So then, King Agrippa, I was not disobedient to the vision from heaven. I just love Paul. God spoke to him, and he completely changed his life in that moment! I want to be this obedient towards God's vision to me!

But I have had God's help to this very day, and so I stand here and testify to small and great alike. -Acts 26:22 This is so true. We all have God's help day in and day out. That is real and true!

I love Acts 28:3-6. Paul is making a fire, and this snake wraps itself around his arm. Everyone is thinking that Paul must be a murderer and has not escaped justice. Paul shakes his arm, and the snake falls off into the fire. :) How good is God?!!!

I am on a roll tonight! I just finished reading Acts. I could not get into Acts in the beginning, but could not put it down in the end!

No comments:

Post a Comment