Saturday, August 28, 2010

Genesis

Hey! Glad you are here to read my blog today! I have a ton of updates for you! I will be starting in Genesis 33, and plan to finish Genesis in 45 today!

In Genesis 33, Jacob and Esau meet for the first time in years. I love the interaction between them. Esau runs to Jaob, embraces him and they cry! The last time before this that you hear about Esau's relationship with his brother, Esau was plotting to kill Jacob. No one knows what changed in Esau's heart. I imagine that God must have changed Esau's heart of time.

Genesis 34 confused me! I went online and read the Message version of this chapter. It was much easier to understand. While reading chaptr 34, I was very confused as to why Jacob's family would have even acknowledged Shechem's family. I was astonished when they made a deal with his family. Then, I get to the end where Dinah's brothers murder the whole town while they are ALL still sore from being circumsiced... per the request of Dinah's family. I am still very confused, and shoked by this chapter. Read it!

Genesis 38 was very interesting to me. Especially the end. The things that woman do to become pregnant surprise me. Tamar knew that her father-in-law was coming into the area, she dressed as a prostitue so that he would sleep with her. She became pregnant and had twins. Tamar had been unable to have children from her husban and brother-in-law.

Cameca is Jehovah Witness. They do not celebrate birthdays. I asked her why, and she said that in the Bible there are two birthday celebrations. Someone dies at each of them. Well, in Genesis 40, I read the first birthday celebration and death. It was Pharaoh's birthday, and he had the cheif baker hanged.

The story of Joseph and his brothers from chapter 42 - 45 was very intersting to read. Joseph played many mind games with them. At the begining of chapter 45, I was a little confused. I was no longer confused when he told his brothers, and sent them off with wonderful things and gave them the best of Egypt! I did love how he wept at he sight of his brothers!

I have decided to finish Genesis right now! I am excited. This is going to feel like a huge accomplishment for me!

From Genesis 45 to 50, Joseph's father dies. He is buried with Rachel. Before he died he blessed Joseph's children. And, Genesis ends with Joseph's death. He died at 110, and was buried in Egypt.



Gensis 50:19-21
19 But Joseph said to them, "Don't be afraid. Am I in the place of God? 20 You intended to harm me, but God intended it for good to accomplish what is now being done, the saving of many lives. 21 So then, don't be afraid. I will provide for you and your children." And he reassured them and spoke kindly to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment