Saturday, August 14, 2010

Reflect on what I am saying, for the Lord will give you insight into all of this

For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but a spirit of power, of love, and of self-discipline. 2 Timothy 1:7 Whatever you have planned today, you can do it! God has equipped you with everything you need to take on today! (I am saying this to myself, as I attempt to tackle twenty chapters of reading today!)

So do not be ashamed to testify about our Lord, or ashamed of me his prisoner. But join with me in suffering for the gospel, by the power of God, who has saved us and called us to a holy life - not because of anything we have done but because of his own purpose and grace. This grace was given us in Christ Jesus before the beginning of time, but it has now been revealed through the appearing of our Savior, Christ Jesus, who has destroyed death and has brought life and immorality to light through the gospel. 2 Timothy 1:8-10 There are so many rich things within those verses. not because of anything we have done but because of his own purpose and grace!!!

2 Timothy 2:7 "Reflect on what I am saying, for the Lord will give you insight into all of this"

2 Timothy 2:9 For which I am suffering even to the point of being chained like a criminal. But God's word is not chained Wow! How powerful is that statement!

2 Timothy 2:13 Here is a trustworthy saying: If we died with him, we will also live with him; if we endure, we will also reign with him. If we disown him, he will also disown us; if we are faithless, he will remain faithful, for he cannot disown himself. Erin and I were talking about something along these lines last night. Especially the last statement "if we are faithless, he will remain faithful..." Erin said that God is so amazing, that He loves each and everyone of us. But, he does not only love us when we become a Christian. If we never speak His Word once, or pray to him... He still loves us! How amazing is that!

These words need to be memorized by everyone in my work, and probably every person!
Avoid godless chatter because those who indulge in it will become more and more ungodly. 2 Timothy 2:16
. I use to love to gossip. It was such a terrible situation. I had to be talking about someone always! look at her shoes, what is she wearing, she needs to put some make up on, what was she thinking... I think that I have gotten better. I still will listen to gossipy conversations, but I (try) not to participate. I am going to begin to memorize this verse, because it is true. I want to be as close to Jesus as possible, and He would not be very proud of me taking about anyone!

As I continue reading, Paul does not stop with that one comment. If that was not enough to convict you, he keeps on going! Nevertheless, God's solid foundation stands firm, sealed with this inscription: "The Lord knows those who are his," and "Everyone who confesses the name of the Lord must turn away from wickedness." 2 Timothy 2:19.... Don't have anything to do with foolish and stupid arguments, because you know they produce quarrels" 2 Timothy 2:23... And the Lord's servant must not quarrel; instead, he must be kind to everyone, able to teach, not resentful 2 Timothy 2:24

In 1 Timothy, Paul wrote "fight the good fight of faith" and today, I read in 2 Timothy 4:7 "I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith"



2 Timothy was such a rich book! I am so glad that I took time today to devote myself to reading that book!

No comments:

Post a Comment