Monday, August 9, 2010

Matthew

So, I actually got ahead, in reading Matthew! It is one of my favorite books of the Bible. I love reading about Jesus. :) Makes me all warm and fuzzy. Today, I actually listened to a sermon from Pastor Andy Stanley at North Point in Atlanta, GA. The sermon was about why God sent Jesus to Earth to die for our sins. It was truly amazing. My favorite thing that he said was that when someone asks him to explain the Trinity, he tells them that he can't. He will respond by saying, "Jesus openly talked about it, but never explained it." I like that.

Anyway.

The parable f the ten virgins (Matthew 25:1-13) confused me. I had no idea what to take about it...

I could read Matthew 26-28 again and again. It gives me chills, and heart ache and hope all in one. It is so powerful.

I still have a hard time wrapping my head around Matthew 27:46. Jesus calls out to God and asks, "My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?". I asked Cameka about it today. I asked, "Jesus knew what was going to happen, right? I know that he was in pain, but.... Was Jesus doubting God?" The best way that she could explain it was that it was like someone who has terminal cancer. They know that they are going to die, but they do everything they can to live longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment