Saturday, August 7, 2010

Fight the good fight of the faith

1 Timothy
"I want men everywhere to lift up holy hands in prayer, without anger or disputing" 1 Timothy 2:8

I feel as if 1 Timothy 4:11-12 is speaking straight to me! "Command and teach these things. Don't let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in life, in love, in faith, and in purity."
I want to set an example through everything I do. I think I am on the right road! I pray I can only grow from here!

1 Timothy 6:7-10 is so good. I am thankful that God set me free of my love for money. It was this time last year that I was running around all of the malls blowing all of my money. I would literally spend $100 shopping on my lunch hour at the mall, then go shopping that night. It was insane. I blew through all of my savings and then some.... I praise God for setting me free of that, and allowing me to trust Him in all ways, but most importantly, financially!

-Command those who are rich in this present world not to be arrogant nor to put their hope in wealth, which is so uncertain, but to put their hope in God, who richly provides us with everything for our enjoyment. - 1 Timothy 6:17

No comments:

Post a Comment