Tuesday, August 3, 2010

He who has ears, let him hear

My friend, Ellen and I were talking the other day about how many times the Bible records that Jesus had to go alone and pray. We love the image of our Father's Son needing to get away from everything and pray. It reminds us that we, also, need to get away and pray.
"After he had dismissed them, He went up on a mountainside by himself to pray. When evening came he was there alone," -Matthew 14:23


As I read the story of Jesus walking on the water, and calling Peter out with him... I can only think about how relevant the winds picking up and Peter loosing faith and beginning to sink is to my life. How often do I lose faith in the Lord, and begin to sink? Before the winds picked up, Peter was walking on water with Jesus...

No comments:

Post a Comment