Monday, August 2, 2010

My God turns my darkness into light

Newspring was amazing! I loved Pastor Perry Noble's sermon on "I love my church" because I truly do love my church! ^

So, last week I posted a question about Matthew 9:9 where Matthew and Jesus meet. I asked my friend/co-worker Cameca. She did not have an answer for me. I just love her to death. She skimmed the Gospel's this weekend to find an answer for me. Every time Jesus and Matthew, Mark, Luke and John meet, this is how it is written. Actually, when referencing themselves anytime, they refer to themselves in the third person. It helped me, hope it helps you! (Thanks Meca!)

Psalms
Psalm 18 is beautiful. David refers to God as his Rock several times. I love the image of God as the Rock because He is firm, solid, and immovable. Psalm 18 is a glorifying prayer by David to God.
"Some durst in chariots and some in horses, but we trust in the name of the Lord our God. They are brought to their knees and fall, but we rise up and stand firm." Psalm 20:7-8 I love worshiping my God, who I can be confident in!

Proverbs
"Wealth is worthless in the day of wrath, but righteousness delivers from death.
MMMMMMmmmm That is good. So many of us (I confess, a year ago, I was out at the mall every night blowing every dime I had on clothes) find so much pride in money. The amount of money we have in our bank account is worthless to God, He doesn't care if we have $1,000,000,000,000,000,000 or $10. It is all about how we worship Him.
I wish I had read Proverbs 12:9 when I was a teenager.
Better to be a nobody and yet have a servant than pretend to be somebody and have no food.
God made me (and you) for a specific reason. I will never understand why I spent so much time as a kid trying to be someone else!


Isaiah
Isaiah 14-20 where Prophecies against various places. It was hard to read many of these chapters because it seems like these couldn't possibly apply to us these days. But, I have to remember that there are many parallels between our times and the time that Isaiah wrote this book. The prophecies teach us that God is patient, God rules over all nations, we must be obedient to God's Word, and God has the last word in all things.


Matthew
Matthew 12-1:13 is just astonishing to me. I can't imagine what life would be like today if we still lived like this. The Pharisees began to plot how to kill Jesus because He healed a man's shriveled hand on the Sabbath. I love how Jesus responded to them.
He said to them, "If any of you has a sheep and it falls into a pit on the Sabbath, will you not take hold of it and lift it out? How much more valuable is a man than a sheep! Therefore it is lawful to do good on the Sabbath."

But I tell you that men will have to give account on the day of judgement for every careless word they have spoken. For by your words you will be acquitted, and by your words you will be condemned. - Matthew 12:36-37. Working with all women, there are many times that we become careless with our words. I am going to start living this truth. I will be condemned for my careless words.
For as Jonah was three days and three nights in the belly of a huge fish, so the Son of Man will be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth. - Matthew 12:40
But the one who received the seed that feel on good soil is the man who hears the word and understands it. He produces a crop, yielding a hundred, sixty or thirty times what was sown. - Matthew 13:23. I pray that I will forever be the seed that fell on good soil and is well rooted.

I need to stop here for the night! No babysitting tomorrow. I will be completely caught up tomorrow!


On a completely different note: A few months ago, I kept hearing "The Words I Would Say" by the Sidewalk Prophets EVERY time I would turn the radio on. I am not exaggerating when I say that. It made me think of someone who used to be very near and dear to my heart. I ended up messaging him to just send him the lyrics, let him know that I was praying for him daily, and such. Well, the song is playing again every time I turn on the radio. I am praying that God gives me a clearer explanation on what He is saying to me through that song. I don't know if I need to get in touch with this person again. I kind of don't want to. :/

1 comment:

  1. So glad you loved Newspring! I need to try it out for real! I was coming back to your blog to check out that Bible study link you posted : ) I have been doing 10 chapters a day but I will need to crank it up a notch soon to get it done in 8 months! I went to get the link and saw a fresh post! WOOP WOOP! Love it! Love you!

    ReplyDelete